Monday, June 25, 2012

Elephantastic

The excitement of safari is that you never know what you will encounter.  Every time you go on a safari drive it is different and unique. The big cats, lions and leopards top most people's lists of what they want to see on safari.  In my opinion, one of the most exhilarating animals to encounter on a safari are extremely large and have an uncanny way of hiding amongst the bush.  The giants I am talking about are elephants. Elephants are impressive creatures and are generally are not timid like many animals can be.  The moment I spot an elephant, my heart starts pounding.  As I admire their beauty I am on high alert, as I may be amongst 30 or more of these intelligent beasts.  I would be a fool to feel completely secure inside our vehicle and it is incredible how an animal that big, can hide so well.  When elephants get aggravated, they flap their ears in warning and sometimes trumpet and stomp their huge feet but when they are happy and content, a low gurgling noise is emitted from somewhere deep inside.  To encounter the largest land mammal on the planet is ELEPHANTASTIC and an experience to cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment